Thursday, June 5, 2014

Ayesha Macrophylla Hydrangea

  • Sometimes Fragrant.  
  • Petals look like "tiny spoons"
  • Blue or Pink Blooms depending on ph
  • waxy-like, narrower/pointy leaves
I stumbled upon on this Ayesha Hydrangea up in Scappoose OR.  It was the only Ayesha in a mass display of ill cared for hydrangeas from Means Nursery.  I wish I had take a picture as it was in real bad shape.  I spent a a few days removing damaged foliage and happy to say it has definitely turned the corner.  I'm excited to watch it bloom as I have never seen a Ayesha in bloom in person.  Here are a few springtime photos.




Update pictures:  6/16/14:  Starting to bloom:
Update Pictures:


Update: 7.9.2014:




Update 7.12.14:


Sadly it looks like the blooms are not forming the spoon-like appearance Ayesha is famous for.  Sometimes this happens in a mixture with other blooms.  Hoping that next summer will provide the cup like petals.



No comments:

Post a Comment